Product Design Manager
The Product Design Manager reports to the Senior Product Design Manager or the Director of Product Design, and Product Designers report to the Product Design Manager.
- Understand the technology and features of the product areas to which you are assigned, and have working knowledge of the end-to-end GitLab product.
- Proactively identify large, strategic UX opportunities that span the product areas for which you are responsible and the product as a whole. Work with other Product Design Managers to drive cross-product initiatives.
- Review UX deliverables (research, designs, etc.) that your team creates, and provide feedback to ensure high-quality output.
- Identify strategic user research initiatives that span multiple stage groups (and possibly the entire product), and work with other Product Design/Research Managers to organize research efforts.
- Evangelize the value of UX to cross-functional GitLab team members, and influence the Product Managers you support to prioritize UX initiatives.
- Set up and manage collaborative processes within your team to ensure Product Designers and Researchers are actively working together. Make sure everyone has exposure to the work that is happening within the broader team.
- Hire a world-class team of Product Designers.
- Engage in social media efforts, including writing blog articles and responding on Twitter, as appropriate.
- Hold regular 1:1s with every member of your team and create Individual Growth Plans with monthly check-ins.
Your application has been successfully submitted.