Senior Content Editor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Content Editor at GitLab, you will be a part of building the media and publishing arm of GitLab. You will work closely with team members across the company to develop and optimize stories for the GitLab blog, and you will use GitLab itself to plan and collaborate.
- Write blog articles with a journalistic approach.
- Cover technology and technical topics as a reporter.
- Remix video, event, and other content into blog articles.
- Proofread, re-structure, and edit article contributions of other team members.
- Interview subject matter experts and industry professionals.
- Curate the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Assist in developing news and announcements as requested within Marketing and by other departments or partners.
- Writing and reviewing for external publications as needed.
- Maintain a high standard of well written and factually accurate content.
- Stay up to date on GitLab's current and upcoming products and features.
- Conduct original research and reporting.
- Cultivate story ideas with an astute journalistic eye.
- Influence the strategy and identity of GitLab's digital magazine (e.g. share observations and insights about topic performance, SEO optimization, etc.)
- Assist in newsjacking efforts.
- 5+ years experience in a content-related role.
- Experience covering technical topics like DevOps, digital transformation, CI/CD, and software development methods.
- as a content writer, editor, or similar role, preferably in enterprise or open source technology marketing.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication.
- Ability to work asynchronously
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized (this applies to editing and writing, as well as to project management of your work, using GitLab)
- Able to meet deadlines
- Familiarity of the software development process including Git, CI and CD
- Experience with writing for SEO and keyword research.
- Proven ability to copywrite and edit.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values. For example: in this role, adopting our transparency value sometimes means that your drafts are visible to the rest of the company and teammates might offer input before you're ready!
- Ability to use GitLab
- BONUS: A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our mission.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
GitLab is a complete DevOps platform