This job is no longer accepting applications.
We Make Websites are the Shopify Plus agency for international brands.
Our team of 60+ design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for some of the world's largest companies.
Brands we work with include: Hasbro, Crabtree & Evelyn, BBC, AARMY, Paul Valentine, David Beckham Eyewear, Bulletproof, Revant Optics, Missoma, Harper Collins and The Economist.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Digital Designer, you'll be working as part of a cross-functional team of Developers, Product Owners, and Agile Scrum Masters, to design best-in-class e-commerce websites on Shopify Plus.
You’ll have excellent research and problem-solving skills. You’ll also have experience creating compelling customer journeys that help clients deliver relevant and engaging customer experiences that maximize conversions and drive sales. Most importantly, you’ll have an astute ability to articulate and justify your design decisions, whilst drawing on customers and team members to iteratively refine ideas and prototypes.
Experience within luxury fashion and e-commerce design is preferable.
- Create e-commerce designs with a mobile-first approach for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands.
- Create working prototypes to define interactions and animations.
- Work closely with the Head of Design to create best-in-class e-commerce experiences.
- Document intended functionality, behaviours and interactions in collaboration with the project team to produce a technical specification.
- Seeking ways to enhance the e-commerce experience of our websites – focusing on mobile, responsive design and performance.
- Proactively pushing the level of quality in both thinking and execution.
- Collaborating with our development team to create high-quality front-ends that function beautifully on all devices.
- Working with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to deliver design work on time and within budget.
- Presenting your work to clients alongside the Product Owner, explaining user journeys to multiple stakeholders.
- Performing design reviews on your projects to ensure the quality of build matches what you and the client envisaged.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You’ll have 3+ years experience working as either an E-commerce Designer or Web Designer.
- You’ll have expert knowledge of Figma.
- You’ll have strong knowledge of UX/UI with experience in wireframing customer journeys and prototyping.
- You’ll have a sound understanding of cross-browser, SEO, accessibility and usability design for the web.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality.
- You’ll have a keen interest in e-commerce and the types of clients we attract: fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You’ll relish the chance to help our clients solve challenging problems.
- You’ll be organized and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will be passionate about all things tech, digital and design.
- You’ll be comfortable with the concept of change and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable discussing your work with team members and clients.
- You’ll be a smart, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience designing e-commerce websites. You’ll have a good understanding of common e-commerce UX patterns.
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar)
- Although this is not a development role, knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify's templating language) would be a bonus.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1.5 additional days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Work-from-home allowance.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two.**
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.**
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks. Think in-office tuck shop level of snacks, only free...
- Monday morning team breakfast and monthly team lunches.
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.
Applications should include portfolios that showcase a strong selection of responsive, desktop/tablet/mobile landing pages, ecommerce design and app design.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shopify Plus Agency