This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced accounting professional working in a fast paced and dynamic environment for high growth publicly traded software company in Hungary.
Reporting to the Company’s Revenue Accounting Manager, the Revenue Accountant will be a part of a global revenue team responsible for the monthly revenue close process including revenue accounting and credit card reconciliation
- Assist in daily credit card transactions to the third party processing statements; calculate related FX gain/loss, chargebacks and credit card processing fees.
- Process revenue related month end journal entries as part of the revenue close process.
- Prepare account reconciliations for Deferred Revenue, Revenue, and bank and credit card clearing accounts.
- Develop a strong understanding of all internal order/booking systems that drive revenue to ensure processes and controls remain robust. Work with system owners to ensure systems are kept up-to-date and that business changes are understood by the Revenue Accounting team before implemented.
- Assist with the monthly VAT filings and provide support for VAT audits
- Work closely with public accountants by preparing audit schedules and providing revenue related supporting documents as part of the Company’s quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Support Revenue Team to drive process improvement initiatives needed to increase team efficiency by identifying, suggesting and driving new systems, process improvements and contributing to special projects
The ideal candidate is detail oriented, accountable, possess a high degree of integrity with strong organization skills, excellent communication skills and can collaborate in a team. Additionally, the ideal candidate is someone who can work independently in high volume data transaction environment, analyze problems while proactively implementing solutions and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- Fluency in English
- You are studying CIMA/ACCA and have a minimum 1 year of experience in similar role
- Understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Ability to collaborate in a cross functional team environment including Sales, Legal, and Accounting colleagues located in Dublin, London Sydney, India and US Headquarters
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to work with large quantities of data.
- Reconcile all revenue related general ledger accounts timely within the month.
We offer you:
- Opportunity to work in full remote mode
- Financial support to build your own home office setup
- On-demand place in our Astoria downtown office
- Wide variety of creative team building activities
- Free choice of hardware for work
- Private health insurance
- Charity and volunteering opportunities
- Eternal source of professional literature in our e-book program
- Monthly self-care days to steam off
- Inclusive, humane and Covid-cautious environment in the future of work
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering people & businesses to do their best work simply & securely: whenever, however, & wherever.