Global Network and Telecommunications Specialist
The role is part of the enterprise global networks & telecommunications function, and responsible for the global implementation, operation of all voice, data and network related services for O-I administrative and manufacturing functions. The services include, but are not limited to, the Local Area Networks, Wide Area Network, routers/switches, Wireless Network, video conference systems and voice systems at every O-I site around the world.
Our office is in Poznań (Poland) but you can work 80% remotely. We can also support your relocation plans.
- Implements and maintains the enterprise-level network infrastructures to support business and technical functions of O-I;
- Assist in the design and implementation of interfaces to non-O-I enterprise network infrastructures, as they relate to connection of the enterprise network infrastructure to, or close collaboration with affiliates, customers, licensees or suppliers;
- Monitoring the daily operations of plant and local network infrastructures;
- Assist in standards and procedures development for installation and troubleshooting of critical systems;
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier support for local, domestic and international data network facilities;
- Liaison between Networks and Telecommunications and its clients (internal and external);
- Deploy standards for service level agreements with vendors with respect to network infrastructures;
- Manage cabling vendor MACs, service and project trips performed at OI facilities;
- As part of the global team, assist in developing and testing network solutions for future networking demands in office and production environments;
- Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing enterprise networking, infrastructure and communications disciplines;
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in properly assessing business requirements and issues with regards to access to LAN/WAN/WLAN/VOIP services;
- Manage Remote Access solution for Enterprise Network, Users/ VPN to warehouses;
- Maintain documentation to support Global Standards;
- Manage and support external facilities connecting via VPN;
- Responsible for maintenance and support of technical infrastructure on a 24/7/365 basis;
- Manage O-I’s enterprise routers/switches, voice and video systems and wireless services;
- Leading network infrastructure projects (tech refreshes, life cycle management).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in information technology or related discipline;
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in network & telecommunications related roles in IT department;
- Highly desirable certifications for this position should include the following: Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA)/Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP);
- ITIL Foundations Certification is desirable;
- Experience in configuration and installation of Cisco routers, switches and Wireless and Voice systems;
- Knowledge of networks and security systems, standards, and infrastructures;
- Self-starter with strong collaboration and communication skills;
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English – both written and verbal.
Your application has been successfully submitted.