German Speaking Client Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open minded and well travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
As part of our TV & Audiovisuals team, the Client Manager will be fully responsible for the follow-up and roll out of technological projects, according to the departmental business objectives, translating these objectives into concrete deliverables.
You will be responsible for planning, monitoring, and managing internal projects from initiation ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within the scope, and within budget.
You will work inside the Operations team of TVAV in close collaboration with the Engineering team. You will have the power and responsibility to put plans and actions into effect.
What You Will Be Doing
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Successfully manage the relationship and expectations with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
All About You
- Knowledge of Project Management and Agile and related tools (incl but not limited to JIRA, MS Excel, …)
- Experience in defining business requirements.
- Team player, Added-value mindset.
- Self-starter, pro-active attitude.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills.
- Fluent in English
- Native German.
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexibility on working hours, remote working and home office.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Free English and Spanish lessons.
- Wide range of online courses.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Becoming part of a multicultural and diverse team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry.
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
BMAT tells everyone what music has been played so that artists get the recognition they deserve.