Back End Developer (Central Team)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Syneto is one of the Romanian early leaders in datacenter technology. Founded in 2000, our company creates IT infrastructure products and services for private clouds. We provide a firm foundation on which businesses of all sizes in Europe can achieve their goals. Universities, managed service providers, newspapers and submarines are some of the 1200 companies that rely on Syneto for the core pieces of their infrastructure. Using Syneto products, our clients run VMs, share files, back them up and restore in case of man-made errors or even natural disasters.
Our mission is to broaden the reach of technology. Syneto teams analyze emerging trends in enterprise IT and provide an alternative that's easy to use and affordable. Starting from the needs of our clients, we build new products and features using a user-centered approach.
Who Are You?
For the past four years, we've been growing at an aggregate rate between 40 and 80% year over year. To help us fuel this growth and satisfy customer demand, we are looking for a new colleague to help us grow our cloud platform. This is a strategic project built on top of the Google Cloud with cutting-edge technologies like React, Typescript/Python, Kubernetes.
You are passionate about software development and have more than a basic understanding of systems programming. You like a challenge and want to contribute your ideas and passion. You don't like to work off a technical spec, but want to be involved in technical decisions.
You want to be part of a project you'll be proud of some years down the line.
- Work as part of an agile team that executes all user stories end to end
- Collaborate with the team and the CTO to define the architecture supporting new features
- Write APIs, work with databases and orchestrate cloud services
- Work with DevOps to package and deploy the code to a Kubernetes cluster
- Test the code with automated unit tests.
- Help the team and Product Owner plan iterations and releases
- 4+ years experience
- At least 2 years of Python experience
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Good understanding of OOP, code modularity and design patterns
- Team player
- Wanting to constantly learn and improve
Any of the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of cloud native software development
- Knowledge of DDD (domain-driven design), SOLID principles, clean architecture
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Experience working in an agile team
- University degree in a Computer Science related discipline
- Competitive salary and compensation
- Company performance bonus
- Merit rewards
- Budget for learning and training
- Two weeks a year when you choose what to work on
- Relevant work with modern, up to date technologies
- Work in one of the few Romanian product companies. Quality really matters to us.
- Flexibility to choose from several career paths in a young and dynamic organisation
- Healthcare – private medical package for you and your family members
- Discounts for various services: dental, eyewear, restaurants
- Unlimited work from home days (potential to work fully remote)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Cutting-edge technology, simplified. Opening the way to smart IT for organisations everywhere.