Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Infogrid is making the unfulfilled promise of scalable smart buildings via IoT (Internet of Things) a reality. Our goal is to be the global go-to provider for connected devices in smart buildings, creating dynamic solutions for everyday challenges. Our mantra is "keep it simple, keep it scalable" and this ethos drives our product development.
We are a rapidly expanding team, who are working from geographically dispersed locations (across the UK and Europe). Although our headquarters are in London, we look for the best talent wherever they may be and let work from there!
We already have a broad portfolio of blue-chip clients and products across the globe – a testament to the strength of our product-market-fit. We are supported by The University of Oxford’s accelerator and smart-money investors.
Why we think you’ll love it here
Huge responsibility and fascinating challenges – you’ll be joining us early on in our journey, with plenty of autonomy and room to develop your role
Building a solution at the forefront of smart building technology!
Joining a fast-growing team of brilliant people
We offer a great office environment, a clear development path, and many tangible benefits including:
Monthly no-work work days for personal development
Remote and highly flexible working
Carbon footprint off-setting (~12 tonnes per employee per year)What you’ll be doing
- Writing code at the cutting edge of IoT / smart buildings
- Helping to scale out a distributed architecture web application
- Working in Python, React to build AWS hosted microservices
- Pair programming your way through difficult problems because two brains are better than one
- Handling very large, real datasets from a wide range of IoT devices, with data processed in real-time
- Scaling from 50,000 sensors to 1,000,000 in the next 6 months
- Mentoring more junior colleagues and leading projects
- Collaborating with our other software engineers, DevOps engineers, product managers, and the wider business
What you will need
- Strong engineering capability in Python
- Experience building web applications in Django (or Flask or something else similar)
- Full-stack capability (or desire to work full-stack). Our front end is React.
- Experience working in microservice architecture, building for scalability
- Desire to be involved in an early-stage company!
- Experience working with distributed, remote teams would help
About our team
Our team is made up of software engineers (generally full stack), DevOps engineers, product managers, QA engineers, and data scientists. We are geographically dispersed across the UK (from London to Bristol and all the way up to Scotland) and in Estonia (Tallinn).
We operate on grown-ups rules, so you only need to be in the office when you need to be in the office (e.g. our monthly strategy days, etc.) otherwise you are welcome to work remotely. There’s always a place for you in the office if you want it though.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IoT made easy. Sensor solutions for smart buildings.