Language Editor – Tokyo 2020
At Olympic Channel Services, we are looking for Language Editors who are ready to join an international team editing/writing/translating international language sections (English, Spanish, French, Mandarin and Hindi) of the Tokyo 2020 Games-time website, tokyo2020.org.
- Translating stories from English into Spanish, French, Mandarin or Hindi
- Identifying, writing stories of localised interest, based on language, to Olympic fans
- Adapting stories from native language agency feed
- During Gamestime, responsible for real-time publishing, updating of content in fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
- Edit, revise, rewrite wire service copy as required, especially during Gamestime.
- Coordinate/collaborate with Editor in Chief, news editors, language editors and Tokyo2020
- colleagues on content ideas
- Ensure all content meets IOC standards for integrity and production quality
- Establish a consistent tone and voice, engaging and appealing to Olympic fans across all platforms
- Solid news judgment, ability to think quickly and act appropriately under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Olympic sports
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and what drives fan interest
- Fluent in English; other languages a plus.
- At ease in international environment
- Self-starter, plus ability to work in a team; adaptability in changing environment
- In sync with Olympic values of friendship, excellence, respect
- Positive, open-minded personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Detail-oriented, organized, effective multitasking
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment;
- These positions are remote freelance opportunities that start between January and May 2021 and last until August 2021; candidates can be located anywhere in the world.
- Work weekends, nights, holidays as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.