Inside Sales Specialist - Cambridge UK
Inside Sales Specialist - United Kingdom
Pacific Bioscience is seeking an Inside Sales Specialist with a strong customer focus to successfully communicate and position PacBio products to new customers in the European, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) territories. The ideal candidate will be able to engage with potential customers within several market areas to uncover their research needs, assess fit with existing PacBio solutions, and communicate PacBio value propositions. Working closely with the Inside Sales Manager and as part of larger global sales support teams, this role will focus on the qualification of leads to reach and exceed the company revenue plan, penetrate a broader market, and displace competition.
- Identify, prospect & qualify high-value leads that enter through the customer engagement processes by conducting introductory and consultative discussions, primarily via telephone and email
- Execute & manage automated outbound campaigns to maximize the velocity of the sales funnel and prospect for new business
- Accurately document interactions & manage the CRM inbound lead pipeline, from first contact through qualification, and successfully transition qualified leads to regional sales teams
- Work collaboratively with global and regional Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Sales Application Specialists teams to nurture and qualify potential new customers
- Explain and present PacBio’s core SMRT Sequencing technology to potential customers sourced from a diverse base of digital and company marketing activities (regional and global)
- Articulate key applications and emphasize the unique selling points, finding mutually beneficial outcomes to all parties, addressing specific customer needs
- Support management in reporting on pipeline metrics and actively suggesting data-driven improvements for sales strategies, tactics, and/or sales process for achieving revenue goals
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- The position is a remote sales position, primarily working from home, with minimal travel time requirements (<10%).
- Minimum of a BS degree or equivalent experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in sales, field applications, or pre-sales customer support
- Familiarity with the sales process and proven success in a strategic sales environment, including prospecting, lead qualification, and early opportunity development
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or equivalent CRM
- Marketo and/or Pardot lead management and email automation experience a plus
- Understanding of or experience with DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally, and comfortably to customers and management
- Proven ability to proactively engage with customers, quickly establish rapport, ask thoughtful questions, and influence decisions
- Strong time management, organizational, and planning skills are essential
- The position requires the candidate to be home-based and domiciled within the UK but other countries within Europe will be considered depending on the candidate’s experience and location
- Ability to access a major airport easily for European travel is mandatory; European travel up to 10% time, with occasional visits to headquarters in California
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in English required, additional language proficiency (French, Spanish, German) is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.