Senior Content Editor: Fully Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Starting Point Recruitment are recruiting for a Senior Content Editor, our client Walsall council are in the process of re-writing and re-designing their website. They are providing a website that puts their customers first.
Purpose Of The Senior Content Editor Role
- Build relationships across service areas to focus on the needs of the user and to influence stakeholders.
- Interface with internal SMEs to write and map user stories.
- Write accessible, user focused GDS compliant content.
- Support and mentor internal content editors, including assuring quality and reviewing their work.
- Contribute to and demonstrate use of style guides and design patterns.
- Take responsibility for overall content quality of our re-designed pages, ensuring consistency and adherence to design principles.
- Work agilely to deliver content updates across multiple teams, having the ability to manage your own workload to maximise your efficiency whilst being sympathetic to the needs of the service.
Key accountabilities for the Senior Content Editor,
- Evaluate existing evidence, data, and research.
- Developing accessible, well-structured content.
- Proofread, re-structure and edit content produced by internal content editors.
- Conduct keyword research and SEO guidelines to optimise content.
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure effectiveness of content.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:
- Proven work as a content editor, web editor or similar role
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English with demonstrable experience in creating content
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Experience of using GDS principles along with mentoring experience is essential.
This is a full time remote working role, Monday to Friday 37 hours. To apply for the Senior Content Editor role please hit the apply button below.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Starting Point Recruitment offers specialist recruitment services within both public and private sectors.