Senior Technical Support Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to enabling digital manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
The Customer Success and Service team works to ensure that customers love and can count on us and our products. We are held accountable to ensure customers are successful and their experience with Carbon is positive. Technical Support Specialists are the front line contact for our customers, helping them through their issues and questions and escalating as needed. Tech Support Specialists will be expected to listen carefully, document thoroughly, escalate appropriately, and respond quickly to customer needs across a broad spectrum of industries. Carbon is a dynamic work environment, and Tech Support Specialists will need to be flexible and adapt to dynamic business with ever changing needs and priorities.
Role is a remote position covering the hours of 5am – 1pm EST (10am – 6pm BST). This role may require flexibility on hours as the needs of the company evolve. Candidates must speak, read and write in English, German and Spanish fluently.
- Provide first level technical assistance and support for incoming questions and issues
- Answer the Tech Support phone line when customers call for help
- Diligently respond to support emails, in addition to reaching out based on proactive service triggers
- Guide customers through various troubleshooting processes via phone, email, chat, or video
- Research questions using available information resources, both internal and external
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of Carbon support
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of all incidents
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
- Identify gaps, trends, or recurring problems and regularly update management
- Continually grow knowledge of tech support desk procedures, products and services
- Excellent customer-facing/interpersonal skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Proven working experience in providing excellent tech support desk support in a remote work environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple incidents at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including over the phone
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to be flexible with a dynamic, growing company
- Ability to quickly and effectively understand Carbon DLS technology
- Resourceful problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Fluent in English, German and Spanish
- 7-10 years technical service role
- Fluency in additional languages
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Technical background or experience in engineering or chemistry
- Experience with DLP, SLA, or FDM 3D printing technologies
- Experience working in small company
- Working knowledge of tech support desk software and databases
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
From prototype to production, Carbon is the 3D printing solution for products that outperform.