Senior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
👏 ABOUT US
We're looking for a new teammate in our lean company (33 love doctors from 16 different countries, 45% engineers), and give you the opportunity to be part of a fascinating journey. We’ve seen incredible growth over the last 9 years (the apps in our portfolio have been downloaded 100M times) – driven by a talented and versatile yet small team. It worked well so far, but now we want more.
🔥 ABOUT THE ROLE
You are a Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d) with strong experience, and you will be an essential part of our bootstrapped and 100% remote company with a flat organizational structure. The position is full-time. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key position.
❤️ WE OFFER YOU
- a great work-life balance - work whenever you want from wherever you are. Results - not hours. We care about what you achieve.
- no bullshit - we are a fact- and engineering-driven company (including the founders)
- to work on something important. A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We've helped millions of people find love and happiness.
- 30 days paid vacation
- a competitive salary
🚀 YOU WILL
- work on the backend for our award-winning apps that are used by millions of users on a monthly basis
- be part of our cross-functional product scrum team that is responsible for the backend of the mobile app, and service architecture
- work on the mobile apps API, data processing, and interfacing with different components of the Joyride platform and external services
- take ownership of features, tools, and services
- work agile with a motivated and innovative lean team of experts (including us, the two founders)
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different platforms and technologies. We admire engineers who take the initiative, make their own decisions, and implement them precisely. We're a bootstrapped company that doesn't have millions in VC funding to drive growth at all costs. We're building a sustainable, long-term company that our users love, and we love working for.
- have SOLID programming skills in PHP7. Many core services are written in PHP, newer services also in Kotlin (with Spring Boot). Bonus: You have experience with reactor-pattern implementations, ideally amphp.
- are not intimidated by distributed services like Cassandra or Kafka
- already packaged and deployed applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- love getting things done - You never give up, when it’s getting difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- are self-motivated, and comfortable working remotely with the minimal direction
- preferably have experience working on a mobile app with a large userbase
- you speak and write business-fluent English
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including references and your portfolio.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're a global dating app with 50 million users. A great team with 24 love doctors, bootstrapped, and 100% remote.