This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Location: Remote, BHQ occasionally when appropriate
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependant on experience
Benefits Pension contribution, free family entry to Go Ape, Workplace Nursery Scheme, Healthcare, Learning Library, Discounted North Face Clothing, Give as You Earn and Employee Assistant Programme.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing we are looking for someone to own all elements of the website from technical through to creative. We would like to recruit someone with a solid background in creating user journeys that drive conversion alongside strong commercial acumen and a focus on delivering results, whilst also having the ability to produce creative copy and content that our audience will find engaging.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the Go Ape website, including monitoring and reporting on changing behaviour and usage.
- Work closely across Sales & Marketing to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and business objectives.
- Analyse and document current web performance to report on areas of focus and improvement in the future.
- Requirement to comply with Data Protection Policies and procedures.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Brief & create appropriate website assets/content aligned to the Go Ape’s strategy & marketing objectives.
- Executing the User Centred Design (UCD) process from start to finish including the delivery of user journeys, sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes, while controlling development framework for continuous improvement. Delivering a reinvigorated website to the company.
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.Keep up-to-date with industry best practice and monitor competitor websites.
- Carry out benchmarking activities and produce website analytics report to understand how the site is working and where there are opportunities to optimise the user journeys
- Monitor CRO and deliver action plans to improve customer journey and experience.
- Offer insight on customer responsiveness and engagement on all aspects of the website and where changes need to be made. Carry out necessary work.
- Drive digital initiatives and provide digital support and advice to the wider marketing team.
- Support PPC across landing pages and produce insight and A/B testing plans to improve conversion.
- Oversee delivery of site optimisation tools to understand responsiveness and produce an A/B testing plan. Produce reports showing the results of these.
- Monitor SEO and deliver action plans to improve optimisation.
- Work with SEO advisory and link-building agency to formulate plans for continued growth.
Skills, Experience and attitude required
- A degree in a relevant subject across IT or Marketing.
- 2 years of work experience in a similar role; min 5 years experience in total.
- Expert knowledge of Macromedia suite, Adobe suite, Content Management Systems and W3C Web standards.
- Experience with Kentico a plus.
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Per Click (PPC).
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent content creation and writing skills.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Keeping the adventure in adventure
- Encouraging ‘I can’t’ to become ‘I can’
- Always seeking to be two steps better
- Zero risk equals zero development
- To challenge, surprise and excite
- Build in customer delight
- Be socially and environmentally responsible
- Create worthwhile, rewarding jobs
- Do the right thing
- To be the best Adventure Leisure company on the planet (where you can be home in time for tea)
“Creating adventures; encouraging everyone to live life adventurously”
If you feel as strongly as we do about encouraging everyone to live life more adventurously then this could be the perfect environment for you to work in!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The UK’s No.1 Forest Adventure creating awesome team events across the country.