Account Manager Collectables - Italy (on the field) - North Region (Milan or Rome)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
Catawiki auctions are split in 4 different worlds: Luxury, Art & Antique, Mobility and Collectables. Collectable gathers all rare and special items valued and sought by collectors like Stamps, Coins, Comics, Books, Music (Records, instrument, HiFi), Toys (VideoGame, Cinema, Lego…), Cameras, Sports, Militaria and Models (train & car).
What you will do:
An Account Manager in our dynamic organisation contributes to the realisation of our commercial targets. You will play a key role in acquiring and onboarding the right set of sellers. These sellers will fill our auctions on a daily basis with special objects and that will add value to our platform.
- Identify new business, mainly through telephone (cold calling), email, field visits and fair visits focusing on all the Italian market
- Bring onboard new sellers and build long term trusted relationships focusing on their weekly consignments
- Draw up and maintain win-win commercial agreements between Key Sellers and Catawiki
- Monitor and analyse the key accounts KPI’s and educate them on Seller statistics, category guidelines
- Work closely with our 20 Italian collectables experts to understand market needs and source the right new business.
- Job based in Rome or Milan, with visits to leads/sellers/fairs/events on a weekly basis
- Biquarterly visits of our Amsterdam office to connect and work with the sales team based in NL.
- Reach out to key internal stakeholders on solutions for issues experienced by Key Sellers;
- Proactively suggest and follow up on opportunities for improvement to internal stakeholders;
You will be part of the Collectables department and be working for the Italian market.
Who are you:
- A Master/Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2+ years of sales experience. Your degree is Commercial, Economics, or Sales related.
- Excellent communication skills in Italian and English
- Business development approach, successful and trustful networker
- Curious, passionate and open-minded
- Autonomous and organised
- Flexibility! We are a fast-growing organization where things can be different tomorrow;
- A passion for the online industry or maybe have a collection yourself so that you are able to understand the language of our sellers;
- Capable of using google tools (sheet, slides) and data. We are a data-driven company.
Here’s what we can offer you:
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Access to Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Catawiki Office in Rome
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Special objects, selected by experts