VP of People/HR
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2018 to almost 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Last year we raised capital at a $4 billion valuation and have been profitable every year since 2016. Not only that, Kraken has just become the first crypto company to be granted a banking license in the US.
Working with the world's top talent, our diverse and forward‐thinking team is spread across over 60 countries. We’re planning our (future) IPO, and we need a People leader who can take us through it and beyond.
About the role:
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we also aim to become a world leader in People Experience. We are now hiring a VP of People to help us lead the way. The VP of People will establish a best‐in‐class remote working experience and overcome the challenges of HR operations for a global remote company.
KX is currently comprised of 30 people across talent acquisition, on-boarding, total rewards, L&D and culture. You will lead and develop these teams to make Kraken the sought after destination for talent. You will work very closely with strategy and make high impact decisions for KX and Kraken as a whole.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a substantial HR pedigree, who has already thrived in creating a best‐in‐class People experiences in high‐growth organizations, and who wants to get involved in an industry that is changing the world
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
- Ownership of all dimensions of HR including policy, employee relations, whole rewards, learning and development, HRIS, talent acquisition, and employee experience among others
- Take us through a (future) IPO and help us scale to thousands of Krakenites
- Work closely with senior leadership on business issues and growth opportunities
- Make Kraken the destination for top industry talent
- Oversee the creation of the best remote onboarding experience in the world
- Challenge and develop Krakenites to reach their full potential by building a world class L&D function
- Explore ways to make whole rewards a competitive advantage and selling point for Kraken while maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Build the best remote Wellness program in the world
- Tackle the challenges of global remote HR operations
- Understand, adopt, nurture, and help to shape the company values, principles and culture
- Partner with senior business leaders around the world to provide expert guidance on HR policies and legal requirements
- Evaluate and enhance all HR processes and KPIs and drive the HR function to proactively identify and address opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes
- The ability to lead an HR function in a company of 1200+ team members in a rapidly scaling company through IPO and beyond
- Lead an HR function that scaled a tech company to greater than 2000 team members
- Background in building international HR programs including global compensation & benefits
- Have worked with a globally distributed remote team
- Knowledge of global employment laws, regulations, and HR compliance requirements
- Technically savvy and security-minded
- On top of technical trends and automation opportunities in HR
- Incredible network of HR professionals that can be leveraged to level up the KX team
Nice to haves:
- A Kraken client or cryptocurrency user
- Global: has lived in multiple countries, travels internationally, multilingual
- Experience with Workday, Lever, and other HR technologies
- We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:
Watch "Working at Kraken"
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange Home Page
Your application has been successfully submitted.